Club History

Just one year later, Ballycastle collaborated with eight other clubs to become an influential founding member of the Golf Union of Ireland. Ballycastle was a particularly forward-thinking club and encouraged ladies to play there from 1897.

In 1906, the nine-hole course was completely restructured after the purchase of further land enabled the fairways to be lengthened. The course was finally extended to eighteen holes in 1926 and has since remained mostly unchanged. Today the links are regarded as some of the finest in Ireland.

Visit the golf course website for more